I now configure SuperMicro SYS-1018R-WC0R(X10SRW-F)
SuperServer 1018R-WC0Ras a sever for my depertment. SuperMicro series are better than HPE series for me, because of following reasons:
- SuperMicro provide many configurations.
- SuperMicro provides all trays for HDDs
(In case of HPE, we should buy HDD and its tray, can not buy only a tray of HDD)
- In case of SuperMicro, I can easily update BIOS
(In case of HPE, HPE require HPE account and HPE maintenance contract)
- In case of SuperMicro, remote KVM feature is included with a standard package
(In case of HPE, remote KMV is option)
At first, I dowloaded the BIOS from supermicor's WWW site and I checked its release note.
Release Note: X10SRW-F_BIOS_3_1_release_notes.pdfThis release note says:
EnhancementsI also checked the BIOS updating procedure,"Readme for UP X10 AMI BIOS.txt" that are included in the BIOS update package:
1. Updated CPU microcode to address ‘Spectre’ derivatives (CVE-2018-3639 & CVE-2018-3640) security issue.
2. Changed BIOS version to 3.1.
3. Added support for IPMI IPV6.
4. Removed unsupported memory frequency options from setup menu.
5. Updated Broadwell-EP RC 4.4.0 release.
================================================They requre a DOS bootable USB memory, so I used Rufus:
Standard BIOS Update Procedure
1. Save this BIOS update package to your computer.
2. extract the files from the BIOS package to a DOS bootable device (such as a bootable USB stick, or CD).
3. Boot to a DOS prompt and type FLASH.BAT BIOSname.### to start the BIOS update.
4. The FLASH.BAT script will compare Flash Descriptor Table (FDT) code in the new BIOS with the existing one in the motherboard:
a. If a different FDT is found, a new file, AUTOEXEC.BAT, will be created, and the system reboot will start in 10 seconds if no key is pressed. Press "Y" to go into system reboot right away. Continue BIOS upgrade with FDT programmed in next booting and schedules to reset system with 10-sec timeout message prompted. User can press <Y> for immediate reboot. After the reboot, the BIOS update will be continued.
b. If the FDT is the same, the BIOS update will be started right away. No reboot will be needed.
5. Do not interrupt the process until the flashing is complete.
6. After the message indicating BIOS update has completed, do the A/C power cycle.
7. Go to the BIOS configuration, and restore the BIOS setting.
RufusAfter booting from the USB memory, I submitted the dos command as following:
C:\>flash.bat X10SRW8.606(←BIOS file)